I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for all of your web marketing needs. I’ll add to it as I go, but you’ll notice that I will reference this page quite often.
I recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience.
- WordPress: The #1 Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easily customizable with wonderful support. All of my blogs use WordPress.
- Joomla: Free and easy to use CMS. Provides industrial strength CMS with hundreds of add-ons to customise it’s functionality.
- Rocket Themes: The ultimate resource for premium Joomla, WordPress, Magento, Drupal, phpBB3 themes.
- WooThemes: Woo specialises in WordPress Themes and boy do they look good. Highly recommended.
- The THESIS Theme: Thesis promises out-of-box search engine optimization, faster page load times, maximum readability to engage and hold reader’s attention, and point-and-click design and font controls.
- Site Ground: I was looking for a good host that had loads of caching options to make my websites load as quickly as possible. Originally I signed up for a Magento eCommerce website but soon added several WordPress websites too. Support is super-fast.
- Bluehost: Easy to use, 1-click automatic WordPress installation, and excellent customer service. Highly recommended for your first site.
- Total Choice Hosting: Great hosts, although they are not the cheapest around they offer great support and have really good forums.
Product Distribution & Shopping Carts
- E-Junkie: It’s compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. Works like a charm, very low price to use. Comes with a decent affiliate program for your products.
- Clickbank: Another digital products retailer. Probably the most popular. Decently priced, but comes with an amazing affiliate program for your products.
- Paypal.com: Paypal is just ok for selling your own products through them, but you’ll need an account anyways to configure with and accept payments from the above shopping carts.
- Market Samurai: The number one tool for keyword research available, hands down.
- WordTracker Free Keywords Tool: Spits out a number for the popularity of a keyword of your choice. Search volume numbers can be compared to find the perfect niche, or to choose keywords for your blog posts.
- Google Adwords Tool: A tool to help you decide what keywords to use for your Adwords campaigns. You can also check to see the popularity of certain keywords and the competition for ads for those keywords as well.
- Seo Book Keyword Suggestion Tool: Another fantastic keyword research tool, with even more information and numbers to compare and select the perfect keywords.
- Seo Keyword Ranking: An excellent tool to keep track of the keywords you’re working on. Excellent interface and really easy to use.
- Active Search Results (ASR) is an independent Internet Search Engine using a proprietary page ranking technology with Millions of popular Web sites indexed.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- Aweber: The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool.
- Google Adsense: Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Clicky: Clicky is just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they are doing) in real time! Your first site is free.
- Google Optimizer: This is another free tool from google where you can test different webpages of the same content, only changing one or two things, so you can see which one works/converts best. It’s basically a website optimizer testing tool.
- Elance: Hired service for just about anything you can think of.
- Odesk: Another outsource website for freelancers, IT companies, programmers and web designers from abroad.
- 99Designs: This is a unique website that you can use if you need a logo design. It’s in a contest format. You submit the description of what you want, and designers will compete against each other to win money.
- Virtual Staff Finder: Virtual Staff Finder is the best and quickest headhunter service on the web if you’re looking for high quality VAs for anything you want done by someone else for your online business. It’s run by Chris Ducker and I highly recommend it.
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss, Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich: Pretty much the most awesome book in the entire world.
- ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darren Rowse: The best book about blogging from the number one online blogger, Darren Rowse.
- Moonlighting on the Internet by Yanik Silver: I also own this book and it’s really what inspired me to go full time working online. I finished it in 1 day because it’s so good.
- Rework by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson: There are so many gems in this book that I model my business from.
- Convert!: Designing Web Sites to Increase Traffic and Conversion by Ben Hunt: The best web design book around. The information on marketing online is fantastic and you won’t find it anywhere else. I use the concepts to build all my sites.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T Kiyosaki: If you have ever thought that working as a member of staff made you a wage slave then this book will confirm it and make you want to start up your own business right away.
For Capturing Video and Screencasts
- Camtasia for Mac – for screen captures
- Camtasia for PC (Camtasia Studio) – for screen captures
- Omnidazzle – to draw on screen
- How to Create iPhone Apps With No Programming Experience: The most extensive (and motivating!) eBook guide to getting your iPhone app ideas from your head onto an iPhone, without ever touching code! Tons of free bonuses to go along with it.
- The Niche Site Duel Hub: This is where 18 people share their journey of building a niche site from scratch and doing their best to rank #1 in Google and make money.
- THE Backlinking Strategy That Works: Detail about the backlinking strategy I use and how Pat Flynn was able to climb a brand new niche site to #1 in Google using it.
- The Best Spinner: The #1 Article spinning software that saves a ton of time by allowing you to easily reword articles that you’ve already written so you can submit them to multiple directories online without worrying about duplicate content.
- Unique Article Wizard: Along with The Best Spinner, above, generates hundreds of thousands of backlinks. Check out the video about how it’s used in The Backlinking Strategy That Works (above).
- Blog Blueprint: This piece of software generates high quality backlinks to your websites fast – up to 20 per day. For more information about how it’s used, check out The Backlinking Strategy That Works (above).
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through them. These are all things that I have experience with that I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products. Please do not spend money unless you feel it’s for something you really need and will help you reach your goals.
Did you find this helpful?
If you found this helpful please take a moment to tweet, like, or share this article by using the buttons at the top of this page. I’d really appreciate it. 🙂
Also, if you are feeling extra generous please leave some encouraging feedback in the comments section at the bottom of the page. I love getting feedback from visitors.
Thanks for taking the time to read my website and I hope to help you again soon!